Male Infertility Treatment – By Jaspal Hospital
Male Infertility refers to the inability of the male which causes pregnancy in a female. The male’s ability in conceiving a baby. Male infertility commonly occurs due to the reason in diminishing the quantity of semen and its quality which is used to surrogate measure of male fecundity.
Male fertility is a complex process which helps in your partner getting pregnant, the following must occur:
- Production Of Healthy Sperm: Production of healthy sperm may lead to the growth and the formation of the male reproductive system at the time of puberty. One of the testicles must be functioning properly, and your body must produce testosterone and other hormones to trigger and maintain sperm production.
- Enough sperm in the semen: If the quantity of sperm in the semen (sperm count) is less, it results in decreasing the odds that one of your sperm will fertilize in your partner’s egg.
- Sperm must be functional and able to move. If the movement or function of the sperm is abnormal, and the sperm may not be able to reach your partner’s egg.
- Drug use: Use of cocaine or marijuana results in temporarily decreasing in the quality and the quantity of semen.
- Alcohol use: Consumption of alcohol can lower the level of testosterone, causes erectile dysfunction and diminishing sperm production.
- Tobacco smoking: Smokers may have a lower sperm count as compared to noon smoker. On the second-hand smoke also affects the male fertility.
- Emotional stress: Stress is the reason with certain hormones which is to needed in the production of sperm. Delicate emotional stress, including in the problems with fertility and also can affect in sperm count.
- In accordance of certain researches, the thing which gets highlighted is if a male partner is having a severe depression can cause in sexual dysfunction during the reduction of libido, erectile dysfunction, or delayed or inhibited ejaculation.
- Obesity can affects fertility in several ways, including directly impacting sperm themselves as well as by causing hormone changes that reduce male fertility.
- Infertility causes stress for both the partners. Complications of male infertility can include:
- Surgeries or other several procedures which is to be treated in an underlying cause of low sperm count or other reproductive problems.
- Expensive and involved major reproductive techniques
- Stress and relationship issues not having a child
Several types of male infertility aren’t safe. However, it can be avoidable for some known causes of male infertility. For example:
- No Smoking
- Limited consumption of alcohol.
- Avoidation of drugs
- Keep the weight off
- Reduction of stress
- Surgical Sperm Retrieval
- MESA – Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration
- TESA – Testicular Sperm Aspiration
- TESE – Testicular Sperm Extraction
- PESA – Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a male know if his sperm is fertile?
A trained expert checks your sperm count, shape, movement, and other characteristics. In general, if you have a higher number of normal-shaped sperm, it means you have higher fertility. But there are plenty of exceptions to this. A lot of guys with low sperm counts or abnormal semen are still fertile.
How often is a man's sperm fertile?
Your body produces fresh sperm every day, and your sperm supply gets replenished at least every 64 days. This ensures that a sufficient supply of sperm is available at any given time. Sperm quality and quantity are affected by your diet and lifestyle.
Is healthy sperm thick or runny?
Normally, semen is a thick, whitish liquid. However, several conditions can change the color and consistency of semen. Watery semen can be a sign of low sperm count, indicating possible fertility problems. Ejaculating thin, clear semen may also be a temporary condition with no serious health concerns.
What are signs of unhealthy sperm?
- Problems with sexual function — for example, low sex drive or difficulty maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area.
- Decreased facial or body hair or other signs of a chromosome or hormone abnormality.
What happens if a man release sperm daily?
There’s nothing to suggest that ejaculating daily is unhealthy. Frequent ejaculation has no physical side effects and, so long as it’s not associated with chronic masturbation or porn addiction, it can actually be beneficial to your emotional well-being.
Which sperm is more fertile?
Normal sperm have oval heads and long tails, which work together to propel them. While not as important a factor as sperm quantity or movement, the more sperm you have with a normal shape and structure, the more likely you are to be fertile.
Do at home male fertility tests work?
A normal sperm count, however, doesn’t tell you whether you’re fertile or not. Home sperm tests only determine sperm concentration. They don’t measure any other factors. Many common causes of male infertility are missed by at-home sperm tests.
Does masturbation decrease testosterone?
The short answer is no, masturbation – or indeed ejaculation in any form – does not affect your male hormone to any significant extent. In fact, science has not produced conclusive evidence to show that there is a link between testosterone and masturbation at all.
What Diseases Can Cause Male Factor Infertility?
A variety of diseases – from kidney disease to testicular cancer – can result in male infertility. For instance, systemic conditions and metabolic disorders, along with ordinary fevers and infections, can impair the development of sperm. In addition, sexually transmitted diseases can lead to obstruction and scarring of the reproductive tract while genetic conditions, such as cystic fibrosis, may result in lack of sperm due to missing vas deferens or seminal vesicles. Since any number of illnesses can be a factor, it is essential that both you and your partner know and share your family and personal medical histories with your doctor.
Can Cigarette Smoke Affect Semen?
Yes. Research has shown that regular smoking impacts the sperm in a variety of ways. It decreases the size and movement of these cells and damages their DNA content. Smoking also can impact the seminal fluid, ejaculated with the sperm.
Can the Use of Steroids for Body Building Cause Infertility?
Yes. Steroids taken either by mouth or injection can shut down the production of hormones needed for sperm production.
Do Abnormal Semen Analyses or Sperm Lead to Children with Birth Defects?
Not necessarily. For the majority of couples seeking fertility treatment, the risk of conceiving a child with a birth defect is the same as the general population. Though, some disorders (especially genetic disorders) that cause infertility may also cause an increased risk of conceiving a child with birth defects. It is for this reason that couples need thorough evaluation and counseling prior to proceeding with some forms of assisted reproductive techniques.