Dr. Earl Gaganjot Jaspal
Paediatrician / Child Specialist
One of the best Child specialists in Ambala City
M.B.B.S from J.S.S Medical College, Mysore (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore)
M.D (Pediatrics) from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, Karnataka, India (KLE University, Belgaum, Karnataka, India)
Observership: Observership training in Neonatology, at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Fellowship: Fellow of the I.M.A Academy of Medical Specialties in Pediatrics.
- ROP training at Neonatal Unit, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Post graduate diploma in pediatric nutrition (PGPN), Boston university school of medicine, USA
- Certificate of appreciation by Government of Haryana for excellent services as pediatrician & neonatologist presented by Honorable minister of finance, Govt. of Haryana on 15th August 2013.
- Certificate of appreciation by Mission Director, National Rural Health Mission (NRHM), Haryana for excellent performance, 8th august 2013.
- Certificate of Appreciation by Health Department, Ambala, Haryana on 26th January 2018.
- Certificate of Appreciation by District Hospital, Ambala City, Haryana on 26th January 2018.
Dr. Earl has trained more than 200 medical officers, staff nurses and primary health workers through training sessions in many national health programme and many courses.
- National Instructor for Facility Based Newborn Care (FBNC), NNF-UNICEF.
- Regional Instructor for Facility based Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (F-IMNCI), Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMNCI), Skilled Birth Attendant (SBA), Navjat Shishu Suraksha Karyakaram(NSSK), Basic NRP.
- Actively participated in hemophilia camps (2008-2009).
- He is actively involved in regular teaching and training of junior doctors, nursing staff, counsellors of both district and primary health centers regarding all aspects of neonatology, paediatrics, nutrition and vaccination including management of low birth weight babies, kangaroo mother care, neonatal resuscitation, management of neonatal seizures, sepsis, jaundice, respiratory distress.
Dr. Earl had been Principal investigator in many clinical audits in neonatal unit including:
Hand hygiene practices in neonatal unit analyzing hand washing with soap before and after patient contact, use of alcohol based hand rub and steps involved in hand washing
Compliance of Birth dose of Injection vitamin K at birth.
Am also a member for infant death audit and maternal death audit in which we audit all the neonatal, infants and maternal deaths in district Ambala. We identify three types of delays that could have caused mortality.
- Author in book titled “Ward rounds in obstetrics and neonatology”, Jaypee medical publishers, published in January 2016.
- Contributed in multiple chapters in book titled “Clinics in Obstetrics”, Jaypee medical publishers regarding neonatal and pediatric perspective released in September 2014.
- Article on Leigh Syndrome – A Rare Case Report, Journal of Scientific Society, JN Medical College, Belgaum, Karnataka, 2008.
- Article on Pradder Willi Syndrome – Journal of Scientific Society, JN Medical college, Belgaum, Karnataka.2009.
- On reviewer panel of “Pediatric on call” since September 2013.
- Thesis written on ‘Two measure physical disability in children with hemophilia using functional independence scoring in hemophilia- 1 year cross sectional study.
- On study of feeding practices in infants born to HIV positive mother, Dr. PC Bopaiah Award on Social Pediatrics at Karnataka Pedicon, 2009.
- Represented JN Medical College in NNF Postgraduate Quiz, 2009.
- Pedicon , New Delhi.2015
- Neocon, New Delhi. 2012.
- Pedicon, Gurgaon.2012
- Haryana Adolescon,.2012
- Karnataka Pedicon 2009. Mangalore.
- Adolescon 2009,Belgaum, Karnataka.
- Pedicriticon 2007, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- Neocon, Pune. 2007.
National and State Memberships
- National neonatology Forum – Life Membership
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics – Life Membership
- National Neonatology Forum (Haryana Branch) – Life Membership
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics ( Haryana Branch) – Life Membership
- Indian Medical Association – Life Membership
- Member Infant Death Review (IDR) and Maternal Death Review (MDR) committee, District Ambala.
- Member, selection committee for recruitment of staff nurses and doctors in SNCU & LR, District Ambala.